Saturday, October 13, 2007

Medicines working against each other


Hi all, here is an interesting story....I know it is an important topic..the other day I was not feeling well, coughing up that nasty stuff, we all know what that is ! I figured I best call my primary care doc and tell him what was going on as I was afraid of getting sick, he called in a prescription for me ...a Z-Pac , I went to the pharmacy to pick it up and low and behold the pharmacist said, Sandy we can not fill this for you at this time, because of your heart meds it will cause a problem !

Apparently my Cardiologist had it flagged for this type of med, soooo the pharmacist called my doctor and got another antibiotic for me, which seems to be doing just fine...

I am soooo thankful that this was caught, I know these Drs.are sooo busy, and I am looking on the positive side of it, but wanted you all to know how serious this is...and how dangerous it could have been for me.

Always make sure your Doctor reviews your chart before he calls in a prescription for you , keep a list of current meds, let the nurse know what they are to avoid any drug interaction.

inhale 123 exhale 1234
Breathe Easy,
Sandy

1 comment:

Love Your Lungs Breathe For Life said...

Very good post Sandy. Keep up the good work!!
Lori