Sunday, August 12, 2007

Community swimming pools - germs & more germs...

On a clear day, rise and look around you. And you'll see who you are.
A beautiful song that just popped into my head!!


For several months now a girlfriend and I have been going to the community swimming for senior water aerobics. Usually about a 45 minute workout each day.
I just found out that it is NOT the best avenue for exercise.
I was instructed not to use the pool because of the GERMS and BACTERIA in the water. Well you know that some people do their **** in the pool... YUCK... and even though they use chlorine, it does not kill all of the bacteria. So, I will be exercising indoors with my exercising techniques that we posted earlier in our blog.

Also, with anyone having an open wound, the bacteria in the water is not good. The bacteria or chlorine may cause an infection to set in.

If you have breathing problems but enjoy swimming, try to stay in the shallow sections. I did notice a shortness of breath because of the pressure in the deeper water.

Just a few tips that I thought you may be interested in!! I am sure by now you know my reaction to GERMS!!!!!! I am scared to death of them. So when a doctor tells me to "Stay Away"..... by golly that's what I do!!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

1 2 3 ... Inhale ... 1 2 3 4 ... Exhale

Your fellow COPD'er,
Sandy

No comments: