Friday, September 7, 2007

Caregivers are Special People


I received an e-mail the other day from someone who was not only a friend but was was also my caregiver. Kathy read my BLOG and would like me to share her e-mail with all of you. But, before I do that I will give you a bit of a history lesson!

Kathy was/is a very dear friend of mine, we have known each other for many years. She was my caregiver when I was first diagnosed with CFIDS, Fibromyalgia, and a few other illnesses. Kathy was always there to help me... shower, dress and with eating. At the time I was first diagnosed with these illnesses, I was in complete bed rest, unable to use any motor skills. I couldn't stand on my own and had to have assistance to the bathroom. I can remember I found myself reading one word out of the dictionary because I had no control of my thought process. In order to use it... and not completely lose it, I would read one word for weeks until I could remember it.
I am grateful for each day that I can get our of bed and appreciate life... and I know that she played a huge part in helping me recover.

"Sandy,
I wanted everyone to know that I know, how much music does mean to you. I've known nyou for almost 30 years and some of the happiest times we spent was you singing along with the music and doing your karaoke. The music has helped you through some of the toughest times in your life. It's kept you going... and me too!

I've been there too with your family and saw how much everyone enjoyed the get togethers and sing-a-longs. Everyone had such great voices! The way your mother always whistled!!! I know where you get it from.

I miss hearing you sing, but I'm glad to know that you are still doing it.

Love,
Kathy"

Thank you all for allowing me to share a "piece of my past" with you.

http://www.nfcacares.org/about_nfca/

Please don't forget our breathing...

1 2 3... Inhale ... 1 2 3 4 Exhale
Sandy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Someone in my Myspace group shared this
website with us so I came to take a look.
I'm definitely loving the information. I'm book-marking
and will be tweeting this to my followers! Great blog and outstanding style and design.

My web page penis girth