Thursday, January 4, 2007

"Fear & Panic" with COPD

Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a Happy Holiday.

But now it is time to get back to work!!

As COPD patients we all know that the cold and flu season is not a good time for us. I would like to share a few experiences that I have had in the past week or so.
Last week a co-worker came back to work after she had been off for two days with the FLU! I "panicked"..."fear" set in... I can't catch it... I will get pneumonia and end up in the hospital. So I called my Pulmonologist who advised me to leave work early or ask that she leave. The results... she left.

Then this week, a customer came in with a young child who was "Whooping" up a storm, actually they both were. Let me tell you, as soon as she left I got the lysol spray out, sprayed the counter and anything else that she may have touched. It is very frightening. No one else really knows what we go through on a daily basis.

I feel this is an interesting fact of how this disease "can have control over us"... but as I have said many times... "We cannot let it control us, we have to control it."

Okay... let's try this again,

Breathe Easy... 1 2 3 Inhale ... 1 2 3 4 Exhale

Have a Safe and Healthy New Year!
Sandy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandy,
Thank you for all the great information and support. Sharing your experiences helps all who either suffer from COPD or are caregivers to those who do. It's easier to cope when you know that there are others out there are going through the same thing.
Keep up the good work!

yanmaneee said...

supreme
adidas tubular
adidas gazelle
hermes belts for men
supreme hoodie
hermes handbags
jordan shoes
timberland
longchamp
mbt shoes

neahiez said...

e9h18h4q97 k3b00t8v96 k5t20q1y00 k4k04e4s30 c8l61h2t55 h8z59n6i23